Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Mazen Ezzeddine <ma...@etu.unice.fr> on 2020/09/23 07:13:56 UTC

Flink stateful functions and Event Driven microservices

Hello,

What are the differences between Flink stateful functions and Event driven
microservices are they almost the same concept? Indeed I am aware that flink
stateful functions provide out of the box functionalities like Exaclty once
processing gurantees on Failure and recovery, stateful middle tier (rocksDB,
memory) with state partitioning over a cluster, but on the other hand,
building event driven microservices using Spring boot might give better
performance (latency and real time gurantees) and better control of
scalabillity at the granularity of individual microservices etc... Any more
inights on this front ?

Thank you.

Re: Flink stateful functions and Event Driven microservices

Posted by vinuthomas2008 <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Very new to Flink.

Are there any open source projects using Flink? I would like to be involved
in a project that uses Flink!!

Thanks
VT

Posted by Igal Shilman <ig...@ververica.com>.