Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Michael D. Berger" <m....@ieee.org> on 2005/05/21 22:08:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Redhat WS compime problem

I downloaded httpd-2.0.54.tar.gz and I am using it
to replace the present version on RH-E-WS-4.  My main
reason is to get --enable-ext-filter. Here is my
config command:

  ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-expires --enable-ext-filter
--enable-headers --enable-logio

I then:
  make
  make install
There is plenty of action, but my old version is not
replaced.

For what it is worth, in the make directory, I note
a new file named httpd, with a size of 6389.  This
seems rather small.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Mike.

--
Michael D. Berger
m.d.berger@ieee.org

Re: [users@httpd] Redhat WS compime problem

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 5/21/05, Michael D. Berger <m....@ieee.org> wrote:
> I downloaded httpd-2.0.54.tar.gz and I am using it
> to replace the present version on RH-E-WS-4.  My main
> reason is to get --enable-ext-filter. Here is my
> config command:
>
>  ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-expires --enable-ext-filter
> --enable-headers --enable-logio
>
> I then:
>  make
>  make install
> There is plenty of action, but my old version is not
> replaced.

See also the "config.layout" file in the build directory.  You'll
notice that the layout used by default ("Apache") is not at all
similar to the layout used by the redhat-installed version of apache.
To fix this, I suggest finding the source-rpm for your pre-installed
apache, and make sure you match the ./configure command line and
layout file.  (Or, alternatively, simply remove the old redhat version
and start from scratch with a /usr/local/ install.  But you'll then
need to figure out yourself how to get apache started at boot-time,
etc.)

Joshua.