Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Tanmay Kumar <ta...@isd.nec.co.jp> on 2002/10/09 09:17:16 UTC

Values coming as null

Hi all,

Sorry to bother u all, but I cant help it. Thanks to the mailing list
creator.
I searched some of the archive, but coouldn't find my problem .

I am able to get user defined object as return value . But though this
object is having all its member variables with values,
response.getReturnValue() method gives me the right type of object withh all
member variables having initialization values.

I mean "if int, value is 0...if String value is null".

The response SOAP message is like this

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:testMethod1Response xmlns:ns1="urn:tantest"
<return xmlns:ns2="urn:xml-test-demo" xsi:type="ns2:newbean">
<num xsi:type="xsd:int">100</num>
<name xsi:type="xsd:string">Tans</name>
</return>
</ns1:testMethod1Response>

Though proper value is there in SOAP message in int and String types, these
are not being reflected in the object obtained from response object.

Please let me know where exactly I am committing the mistake.

Thanks
Tans

Re: Values coming as null

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Does the Java class you map urn:xml-test-demo:newbean to have writable
properties named num and name?  If you have a bean that has read-only
properties num and name, the behavior you see would be expected.

Scott Nichol

<ma...@xml.apache.org>
<ma...@xml.apache.org>

Re: Values coming as null