Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dlangschied <dl...@ameritech.net> on 2006/03/03 13:55:20 UTC

Maximum users

I have Tomcat 5.5 and I have 5 webapps totaling 50 possible max connections.
Tomcat is being used to facilitate a QAD product called Desktop.  I need to
expand on of my webapps to 50 users (currently 15).  I cannot get it to do
this.  I am wondering if I am hitting a webapp limit, a tomcat limit, or
some limit set by Desktop(QAD).  What are the Tomcat limits?
Regards,
David Langschied
Langschied Consulting Services
25644 Mackinac
Roseville, MI 48066
Phone/Fax:  (586)777-7542
Mobile:         (248)789-8493
e-mail:          dlangschied@lcs-sbit.com

Re: Maximum users

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
There is a maximum to the number of http connection tomcat can server at
the same time. This is the maximum number of http threads tomcat is
allowed to create. This is configured in the http connecter. See
documentation there:
Default value is 200 threads