Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Black, Douglas" <Do...@osumc.edu> on 2019/01/18 18:42:40 UTC

Active Directory: Cosmetic (?) Error when adding extensionAttribute values

I'm using Apache Directory Studio to manage both eDirectory (NetIQ IDM) and Active Directory. It works great, but one minor annoyance is that if I attempt to add an extensionAttribute to an AD user object, I get a warning "According to the schema, extensionAttributeN is not allowed!  Do you still want to add a new value?"  If I click 'yes', it accepts the setting without any issue.

Is there a setting I can change to prevent this bogus warning?

Thanks

Douglas Black
The Ohio State University Medical Center