Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Tony Burdett <tb...@ebi.ac.uk> on 2008/02/28 12:30:12 UTC

Aegis databinding custom types

Hi,

I'm in the process of porting my service from xfire and I'm having some
difficulties using a custom type that worked previously.  My service
returns some pretty complex objects that have XML representations but
don't readily serialize using the standard JAXB/Aegis databindings.

In XFire I wrote some custom serializers (extending
org.codehaus.xfire.aegis.type.Type) and by annotating my Service
Interface using @XmlReturnType annotations.

When I ported the project over to CXF, this functionality all seems to
have been ported, so I'm able to annotate my service with
org.apache.cxf.aegis.type.java5.XmlParamType annotations and I've
adapted the custom type serializers I'd written to extend
org.apache.cxf.aegis.type.Type.

My service is configured using JAX-WS annotations and a spring config
file, similar to the xfire migration docs.  When I was using XFire, I
had the required configuration elements in services.xml to initialize my
custom types.  But I can't figure out what the equivalent is in CXF.
Presumably I need to add the relevant bits to my spring configuration
xml but I'm not sure what these bits are!  Can anyone point me in the
right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Tony Burdett.

--
Tony Burdett
Software Developer,

European Bioinformatics Institute
email: tburdett@ebi.ac.uk
tel:   01223 494624

Re: Aegis databinding custom types

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
In 2.1, you'd create a DefaultTypeMapping object, add your mappings, and
then push that into an AegisContext object. You'd then push the AegisContext
object into the AegisDatabinding object. You'll really need to be looking at
CXF source. Look at the AegisContext class and the AbstractEncodingTest
class.

CXF isn't my day job, so if you pile up some more questions for this evening
I'll answer them.

Posted by Tony Burdett <tb...@ebi.ac.uk>.
Hi Benson,

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.