Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org> on 2006/06/22 18:41:11 UTC

how to access an https web service from within Cocoon?

Hello,
We have a Cocoon application that has been accessing a web service to
get some data.
It uses your basic
   <map:generate src="http://remotehost/blah/blah" />
It's all worked fine in development, but now in QA and production, the
web service will be accessible only via https through a reverse-proxy
server.
So when Cocoon tries to connect to the web service, it has to accept the
certificate, and it also has to submit authentication information to a
login page (the first time). Is Cocoon able to do that?
How do we make Cocoon accept the certificate?
And how to submit authentication information to a login page that will
appear only the first time: Do we have to use flowscript?

Thanks,
Lars

Re: how to access an https web service from within Cocoon?

Posted by Antony Quinn <aq...@ebi.ac.uk>.
Lars,

If the web service uses basic authentication you can embed the user name
and password in the URL, for example:
<map:generate src="https://username:password@remotehost/blah/blah" />

Cheers,

Antony

Posted by Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org>.
Yves Vindevogel wrote:
> Take a look in the man pages of SSH.
> There's a part on those keys in it.  When the key is found already, it
> does not ask anything.
> You can generate those keys yourself and store them before Cocoon gets
> to the site.
Thank you for the hints...
How do I tell Cocoon where the generated keys are, so that Cocoon knows
to send them?
Lars

Posted by Yves Vindevogel <yv...@implements.be>.