Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu> on 2011/02/01 14:26:27 UTC

Re: Help: VCL VM appliance needed

Sérgio,

This is the most up to date information on installing VCL:

https://cwiki.apache.org/VCL/new-install.html

If you run in to problems after following that guide, send them to this list
and we will help you get up and running.  The 2.2 release added several things
on the backend that make it easier to get up and running.

I'll try to get the content at the URL you listed up to date soon.  It's not
good for us to have out dated information hanging around.

Josh

On Monday January 31, 2011, Sergio Oliveira wrote:
> Dear Josh,
>
> Thank you very much for the quick response.
>
> The installation guide I was following mentioned to use a VM (version 1.6
> to be more specific), quite out-dated I am sure, but I was thinking it was
> the official approach. And I could not find any other documentation on how
> to install it from scratch. I keep getting errors in all documentation
> links I follow from the official  site (http://incubator.apache.org/vcl/).
>
> Do you know if I have any place where I could find such kind of up-to-dated
> documentation? Or if it is possible to have an installation guide, even if
> it is a draft? I installed a "loosely coupled" scenario where I managed
> to install all the required components (web-frontend, db, etc., etc.) in
> two blades - one as mgt node and the other as a host. But when I came down
> to the time where I create a new reservation... it always misses available
> resources (db data relationship problem or bad VCL db costumization, I
> guess), even if I pick any future resource available date (green slot).
>
> Best Regards,
> Sérgio.

- --
Josh Thompson