Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by da...@hodgkinson.org on 2001/11/26 12:56:22 UTC

[OT] A couple of weird network problems...

I was at a client site last week and we saw two Apache/mod_perl
related network problems:

1. On one particular handler, a $r->print() looks good and yet it's
truncated my the time it gets to the browser. This is on Linux and
Solaris, Apache 1.3.14 and early 1.2x mod_perl. Does this ring any
bells?

2. On an Apache that's using DBI (_not_ Apache::DBI) and frequently
making connections and closing them, the MySQL end appears to close
out properly, but the client side ends up with loads of connections in
TIME_WAIT and eventually we run out of sockets. This is on Linux. IS
this expected? Obviously making connections persistent is a Good
Thing, but is a TIME_WAIT expected?

Not strictly mod_perl related, but if anyone has a clue, I'd
appreciate it!

Ta,

Dave