Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Eric Everman <ev...@precedadesign.com> on 2003/05/01 20:51:09 UTC

Request Cycle Attributes Cleared

Hi-

I'm trying to allow to components to talk to each other using requestcycle
attributes.  Component A has a DirectLink and is not in a form.  When A's
link is clicked and its listener activated, the listener places a value in
the request cycle using setAttribute().  The page is not changed.  As the
same page renders, Component B looks for the attribute but it is not there.

Looking at the framework code, I see that the attributes are cleared before
the page renders.  This is very counter-intuitive.  How can I allow these
component to communicate? (Using alpha 5)

Thanks in advance,

Eric Everman

Preceda Design LLC
www.precedadesign.com

RE: Request Cycle Attributes Cleared

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@attbi.com>.
You can use ordinary HttpServletRequest attributes for your purpose.  The
reason IRequestCycle has attributes is to support clearing of them after the
render (or rewind).

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components