Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu> on 2020/01/08 00:53:53 UTC

Rya release as TLP

Hi all,

It would be good to have a release of Rya as TLP soon. We usually had
releases around March. Last year was a little later, in the summer.

I think we have a few options:
1) We could just update all references to the project to remove
i"incubating" and have a 4.0.1 release very soon.
2) We could do the updates in 1 and also try to update the dependencies, in
particular Accumulo. We would need more testing for this one.

Anyone volunteering as release manager?
Thoughts on what should be in next release and when?

Thanks,
Adina

--
Dr. Adina Crainiceanu
Associate Professor

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Rya release as TLP

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.
David, since you worked already on updating dependencies, could you review
the pull request: https://github.com/apache/rya/pull/315 submitted by Brad?

Adina

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.

Posted by "Lotts, David" <Da...@parsons.com>.

Re: Rya release as TLP

Posted by Adina Crainiceanu <ad...@usna.edu>.
Hi all,

We talked about doing a first release as a TLP some time ago, I have some
time available next week and I can volunteer as a release manager.
I can remove the "incubating" references and just do a 4.0.1 release.
Updating the dependencies would also be good. Should we wait to have that
implemented before doing a release? What do people think?

Adina

Re: Rya release as TLP

Posted by Puja Valiyil <pu...@gmail.com>.