Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Lorenzo Bolzani <l....@gmail.com> on 2011/07/30 13:05:15 UTC

Servicemix 3.3.2 cxf version

Hi,
I have a question about the cxf version used with Servicemix 3.3.2 that is
the 2.2.6.

Why a more recent version was not used, for example 2.2.9 or the latest
2.2.12?

Do you think it is safe, and useful, to upgrade to the latest?

Are there any known issues? Did anybody try one of the newest versions?

Thanks, bye

Lorenzo

Re: Servicemix 3.3.2 cxf version

Posted by Lorenzo Bolzani <l....@gmail.com>.
2011/7/30 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>

> Hi Lorenzo,
>
> it you stay on the CXF 2.2.x branch, it should work.

Hi Jean-Baptiste,
thanks for your reply.

We have a couple of cxf-related errors that we are still investigating so I
thought could be a good idea to do a check with the latest version too.

I did a quick check of the pom files and looks that everywhere the
cxf-version property is used in the 2010.01 version of the jbi components.
Do you think should be enough to rebuild these

servicemix-cxf-bc-2010.01
servicemix-cxf-se-2010.01

or should I also rebuild servicemix itself? In other words, are there any
other places where cxf is used?

FYI, in the next ServiceMix releases, CXF 2.4.1 will be used.

Do you refer to the 3.3.x branch, correct? Is there a release info
page/roadmap about this to check for other details?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Lorenzo,

it you stay on the CXF 2.2.x branch, it should work.

FYI, in the next ServiceMix releases, CXF 2.4.1 will be used.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré