Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Dagfinn Aarvaag <da...@beepscience.com> on 2003/02/14 16:41:52 UTC

APR mem leak?

Hi,

I want to report a possible bug in the APR that I have seen for a while.
May be someone familiar with the code can find it easy?

When creating TCP connections the client leaks memory, 8/16 kbyte, for every
connection that is created.
The server side does not leak.

/Dagfinn

Re: APR mem leak?

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Dagfinn Aarvaag wrote:

> When creating TCP connections the client leaks memory, 8/16 kbyte, for
> every connection that is created. The server side does not leak.

Which client??  Which server?

--Cliff

> I want to report a possible bug in the APR that I have seen for a while.
> May be someone familiar with the code can find it easy?
>
> When creating TCP connections the client leaks memory, 8/16 kbyte, for every
> connection that is created.
> The server side does not leak.

'The client', 'The server'?

Something tells me this is not a leak.  You are just seeing the default
size of a pool chunk being allocated (8k).

Sander