Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Toledo <Ch...@webcollage.com> on 2006/06/26 23:14:05 UTC

[users@httpd] Mod_Dav WindowsXP client

Setup, Apache 2.2.2 Win32 running on Windows 2000 Server.

I have had little problem enabling WebDav on Apache and works great
connecting from Windows XP without authentication. I can open and edit
files freely. Whenever I turn on authentication I can no longer connect
via Windows XP (IE6, File, Open, Web Folder.) It seems to be an issue
with WindowsXP's built-in webdav client because I can successfully log
in using 3rd party win32 tools such as JEdit. If I turn off DAV on the
Location I can successfully login to the website so it seems I have the
right AUTH setup. Anyone out there get WebDav to authenticate from
WindowsXP's built in client? Or is there a WebDav Win32 client you guys
recommend? Thanx.

---------------------

Alias "/dav" "C:/binaries/apache2ssl/htdocs/dav"

<Location "/dav">
    DAV On
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "WebDAV Restricted"
    AuthUserFile c:\binaries\apache2ssl\conf\webdav.txt
    <LimitExcept GET HEAD OPTIONS>
        Require user ctoledo
    </LimitExcept>
</Location>

----------------------

Christian Toledo
Web Administrator
WebCollage Inc.
P: 646.827.2579
F: 212.563.2112

Re: [users@httpd] Mod_Dav WindowsXP client

Posted by Rainer Sokoll <R....@intershop.de>.
On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 02:14:05PM -0700, Chris Toledo wrote:

> I have had little problem enabling WebDav on Apache and works great
> connecting from Windows XP without authentication. I can open and edit
> files freely. Whenever I turn on authentication I can no longer connect
> via Windows XP (IE6, File, Open, Web Folder.) It seems to be an issue
> with WindowsXP's built-in webdav client because I can successfully log
> in using 3rd party win32 tools such as JEdit.

IIRC this is due to XP's behaviour. It sends DOMAIN\username instead
username only.
Can you verify that?

Rainer

Re: [users@httpd] Mod_Dav WindowsXP client

Posted by David Salisbury <sa...@globe.gov>.
You can search the archives for an answer that I recieved for the
exact same problem.. I don't seem to still have it, but it contains
a link to a page that goes into some detail, sent May 26, subject
"IE to Apache WebDAV"

but the long and short of it for me was that you need to go to Network Places,
click Add a new place, and enter in the the url and include the port #.
Then when you open the new location, the prompting works.

It's a Windows thing.

-ds