Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2012/03/18 12:38:07 UTC

Handling of system bundles with shell commands

Hi all,

currently when someone accesses a system bundle using a shell command we
ask if he is sure and he has to type "yes" or "no". We also have the
force option so yes is assumed.

I propose we change the behaviour for karaf 3.0:

If force is not given then the command should simply fail with an error
if system bundles are accessed. If force is set it should work on the
system bundles. So we have the same
safety for handling system bundles and the user can simply give -f on
the second try.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Handling of system bundles with shell commands

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I have committed the change for karaf 3. I do not plan to backpot to 2.2.x.

The behaviour is now lik this:
karaf@root> bundle:stop 1
Error executing command: Access to system bundle 1 denied. You can
override with -f

Christian

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Handling of system bundles with shell commands

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
+/-0

- Apache Karaf<http://karaf.apache.org/>  Committer&  PMC
- OPS4J Pax Web<http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/>    Committer&  Project Lead
- Blog<http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>

Re: Handling of system bundles with shell commands

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 as far as we provide a clean and understandable message to the users.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré