Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Wolf Halton <wo...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/05 12:56:11 UTC

Can somebody remind me how to pull source?

I want all the source so I am thinking it will be a pattern like:
svn pull openoffice/something

-Wolf

Open-Source Software in Libraries - http://FOSS4Lib.org
Apache Open Office Developer wolfhalton@apache.org

Re: Can somebody remind me how to pull source?

Posted by Wolf Halton <wo...@gmail.com>.
I saw that you had the data in at launchpad. Good show! I still haven't
sorted out how to get all their cool packaging automation to work.
Does it make sense to aim at Precise for now? and which architecture(s)?

http://evergreen-community-01.lyrasistechnology.org
http://sourcefreedom.com
Apache developer:
wolfhalton@apache.org

Re: Lost a lot of weight?

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.
> Huh, just curious - the information page says that pulling from trunk
> will bring down ~4 gig. With a fresh pull of the AOO340 branch, it's a
> mere 1.8 gig, is that about right?

Yes, that sounds about right if you only pulled "main". Pulling
"ext_sources" and bootstrapping would be another 420MB.

> Is the mention of 4 gig's for needed space accounting for needed space
> during and after a build?

Subversion keeps a local copy of the checked out files in its .svn
directories to speed up diffs etc. This doubles the space requirements.
In Subversion 1.7 the .svn repository structure has been revised so the
space requirement may be a bit better.

Herbert

Lost a lot of weight? (was: Can somebody remind me how to pull source? )

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
<snip>

> And to get the AOO340 tagged branch this line would work:
>
> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/tags/AOO340/ AOO340

<snip>

> > > http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/source.html

Huh, just curious - the information page says that pulling from trunk
will bring down ~4 gig. With a fresh pull of the AOO340 branch, it's a
mere 1.8 gig, is that about right?

Is the mention of 4 gig's for needed space accounting for needed space
during and after a build?

Just curious - Thanks,

//drew

Re: Can somebody remind me how to pull source?

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.

Posted by Wolf Halton <wo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Raphael
Exactly what I was looking for.