Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/06/18 15:58:51 UTC

[VOTE] release version 2 of Apache UIMA parent-pom-top

The UIMA parent-pom-top, release 2, is ready for testing.
It is located here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-005/org/apache/uima/parent-pom-top/

The SVN tag is https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/build/tags/parent-pom-top-2

Suggestted way to test: add this to your maven "settings" in the
<profiles> section:

    <profile>
      <id>staged-release</id>
      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>staged-release</id>

<url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-005/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-005/org/apache/uima/parent-pom-top/>h</url>
        </repository>
      </repositories>
    </profile>

and then change the pom(s)-under-test version for the parent-pom-top
from "1" or "2-SNAPSHOT" to "2".

For more information about this you can read

Then run a maven command with the parameter -Pstaged-release which tells
maven to use this profile.

The only fix here is for Jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1815 to change the maven-release-plugin version from 2.0-beta-9 to 2.0, in order to pick up the fixes to support a "flat" hierarchy of projects.

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] 0
[ ] -1

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] [RESULT] release version 2 of Apache UIMA parent-pom-top

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The vote passes with 3 binding votes +1 from PMC members, and no other
votes:

Marshall Schor +1
Jukka Zitting +1
Tommaso Teofili +1

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] release version 2 of Apache UIMA parent-pom-top

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me too - tested uimaj and sandbox.
Tommaso

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.