Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by NitinS <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2011/04/12 05:56:54 UTC

Issue with XmlWhitespace collapse() method

The XMLObjectBase.set(String) method truncates trailing space in the string
that is passed to this method.

On further research I found that this behavior is dictated by the
wscanon_rule in the XmlWhitespace object. So if the wscanon_rule() is set to
1 or 2 the trailing space will be fine, but if it is 3 the trailing space is
trimmed.

Unfortunately it looks like the get_wscanon_rule() is hard-coded to return a
3 in the XmlWhiteSpace object.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions to get around this issue.

Here is the call hierarchy for this problem -
XMLObjectBase.set(String)
	XMLObjectBase.set_String(String)
		ws = apply_wscanon(v)
			XmlWhitespace.collapse(v, get_wscanon_rule()) //get_wscanon_rule() is
hard coded to 3, with WS rule set to 3 the trailing white space will be
stripped