Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/01 11:18:35 UTC

[camel] dealing with references in the XML

There are a few cases where we support plugin-points in the XML for
things like <process> and <interceptor> where we reference another
bean. Currently we use the #foo String value (which although its xbean
friendly, isn't common to normal users of Spring).

So I'm thinking we should change the schema to support things like this...

<camelContext>
<route>
<from uri="queue:foo"/>
<process ref="myBeanName"/>
</camelContext>

<bean id="myBeanName" class="whatever".../>

(i.e. avoiding the # character in front of references). Hopefully with
some XSD magic we might be able to get IDEs to smart complete the ref
values too.

Then as well it'd be nice to be able to support this option...

<camelContext>
<route>
<from uri="queue:foo"/>
<process>
  <bean id="myBeanName" class="whatever".../>
</process>
</camelContext>

to avoid importing the whole spring schema into camels, we probably
wanna namespace that...

 xmlns:s="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans">

<camelContext xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/camel-1.0.xsd">
<route>
<from uri="queue:foo"/>
<process>
  <s:bean id="myBeanName" class="whatever".../>
</process>

</beans>

So I guess we need an annotation to mark the parameters which are
'either a ref attribute or a nested bean element' so that the XML
parser can spot these points?

Thoughts?

--
James