Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Ali Naqvi <al...@conornash.com> on 2017/01/28 19:34:28 UTC

Migrating database from Airflow 1.7.1.3 to Airflow 1.8.0

Hi folks,
We are working on upgrading Airflow 1.7.1.3 to Airflow 1.8.0 b5.

We are seeing issues when running the webserver using our database we have
been using for Airflow 1.7.1.3. Here are two examples:

a) when trying to create a manual dag run
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2zoaqamg29h8sk/Screenshot%202017-01-28%2014.09.27.png?dl=0

b) when trying to open a dag by clicking on it in the ui
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bm64xto0vrt1f8/Screenshot%202017-01-28%2014.11.03.png?dl=0

Since the Updating.md file in the git repo doesn't outline any issues with
DB migration, where can we find all of the changes to DB and what are the
steps for database migration?

Am I over-thinking it? is it as simple as:

airflow upgradedb

Cheers,
Ali

Re: Migrating database from Airflow 1.7.1.3 to Airflow 1.8.0

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.
There is a pr out for updating.md that has some more details (but isn't done yet). Gives a bit more perspective on what has changed and what you need to think off.

Bolke

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Ali Naqvi <al...@conornash.com>.

Posted by Ali Naqvi <al...@conornash.com>.