Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2009/06/13 13:43:21 UTC

[HttpCore] HttpCore 4.0.1 preview packages

Folks

Please do find a moment to review HttpCore 4.0.1 release notes and
packages. If I hear no complaints, I'll proceed with cutting the
official release packages and calling a release vote.

Release notes:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0.1-preview/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

Packages:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0.1-preview/

Oleg

Re: [HttpCore] HttpCore 4.0.1 preview packages

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 16/06/2009, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> sebb wrote:

> > >  This is ok. The OSGi bundler does not have any sources besides pom.xml.
> It
> > > is merely a bundler.
> > >

> > Unfortunately it creates differences between the tar and zip archives.
> > If the empty SVN directory can be deleted, so much the better.
> >

>  I'll try fix it.

OK, if deleting it causes problems, never mind.

> If there are no other issues, I would like to proceed with
> cutting the official release packages tomorrow or the day after tomorrow the
> latest, in order to have the vote closed by Sunday evening.

I've not found anything else. Just built and tested OK on WinXP / Sun
Java 1.5.0.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
sebb wrote:
> On 14/06/2009, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>> sebb wrote:

>>> Also, the src-zip has two extra directories:
>>>
>>> httpcore-osgi\src\main
>>> httpcore-osgi\src
>>>
>>> main is empty.
>>>

>>  This is ok. The OSGi bundler does not have any sources besides pom.xml. It
>> is merely a bundler.
>
> Unfortunately it creates differences between the tar and zip archives.
> If the empty SVN directory can be deleted, so much the better.

I'll try fix it. If there are no other issues, I would like to proceed

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 14/06/2009, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> sebb wrote:

> > > official

> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0.1-preview/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

> > > http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0.1-preview/
> > >

> > There seems to be a problem with the bin-zip archive - Javadoc
> > directory is named CLASS-US instead of class-use.
> >

>  Are you sure about that? The directory looks perfectly normal to me.

Sorry, this appears to be a bug in Winzip.

I used the command-line option -ye to unzip the file, and this creates
one of the class-use directories as CLASS-US - however for some odd
reason it only does this for the io/ directory.

Very peculiar, but it is repeatable.

Unzipping using Winzip in GUI mode works fine.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13/06/2009, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> sebb wrote:
>
> > On 13/06/2009, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Folks
> > >
> > >  Please do find a moment to review HttpCore 4.0.1 release notes and
> > > packages. If I hear no complaints, I'll proceed with cutting the
> official
> > > release packages and calling a release vote.
> > >
> > >  Release notes:
> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0.1-preview/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
> > >
> > >  Packages:
> > >
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpcore-4.0.1-preview/

There seems to be a problem with the bin-zip archive - Javadoc
directory is named CLASS-US instead of class-use. Also, many of the

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.