Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com> on 2002/12/11 17:29:56 UTC

Database connections not being released

I am having a problem with database connections not being released.  I
turn on the logging of the connection pool status and it says that there
are four pooled connections.  The database reports that there are 43
connections.

I am using T2.2 with the decoupled torque.  The database is Oracle.

Here is my Torque.properties file:

torque.database.default=default
torque.database.default.adapter=oracle
torque.dsfactory.default.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.TorqueDataS
ourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.defaultMaxConnections=10
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.maxExpiryTime=3600
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.connectionWaitTimeout=10
torque.dsfactory.default.pool.logInterval=60
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriv
er
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@neo02.nequalso
ne.com:1521:DEV
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user=******
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password=******
torque.idbroker.cleverquantity=true
torque.manager.useCache = true

This is the log statement from the connection pool:
2002-12-11 10:28:07,055 [Thread-10] DEBUG
org.apache.torque.pool.ConnectionPool -
org.apache.torque.pool.ConnectionPool@be76c7 (in + out = total): 4 + 0 =
4

Any ideas?

Re: Database connections not being released

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
Quinton,

I think I've experienced something similar... hitting postgres max
connections limit of 35 with torque.properties similar to yours. I have
changed to using the jdbc2 pool and so far, the problem seems to have
been eliminated. I'm not sure yet though, as my application is still
getting comparatively low usage. My experience of switching pools was
that all that was required was to change the entries in
torque.properties.

Peter