Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org> on 2007/05/06 12:12:35 UTC

upgrading dependencies

generator:
component            current new
ant                  1.6.5   1.7.0 (new features)
commons-collections  3.1     3.2   (bugfix release, binary compatible)
commons-lang         2.1     2.3   (mostly bugfix)
commons-logging      1.0.4   1.1   (compatible for callers)
velocity             1.3.1   1.5   (no 4-words summary available)
xercesImpl           2.6.2   2.8.1 (no 4-words summary available)

runtime
commons-collections  3.1     3.2   (bugfix release, binary compatible)
commons-configuration 1.2    1.4   (no 4-words summary available)
commons-dbcp         1.2.1   1.2.2 bugfix, some new features
commons-lang         2.1     2.3   (mostly bugfix)
commons-logging      1.0.4   1.1   (compatible for callers)
commons-pool         1.3     1.2   (needed by dbcp 1.2.2)
log4j                1.2.8   1.2.14 (should be call compatible)
xercesImpl           2.6.2   2.8.1 (no 4-words summary available)

xerces 2.9.0 is out but not available from ibiblio. I have not checked the
avalon stuff (no idea where the newest  can be checked), and I also did
not check the testing libraries.

I'd strongly suggest to upgrade dbcp and commons-pool, as this should fix
TORQUE-12

I'd suggest to upgrade the other commons classes, log4j, and xerces (to
2.8.1).

I have tested these upgrades with the test project, and they seem to work.

I have no opinion about velocity, Thomas V knows mora about the
circumstances than I do (if you want to upgrade, please go ahead.)

I could not check whether the ant upgrade works, as I do not have a
project with an ant build available. Maybe some ant yuser could check this
?

If nobody objects, I'll do the suggested upgrades.

   Thomas

Re: upgrading dependencies

Posted by Florian Hopf <ho...@synyx.de>.
Hi,

Thomas Fischer wrote:
> I could not check whether the ant upgrade works, as I do not have a
> project with an ant build available. Maybe some ant yuser could check
> this ?

I am successfully using ant 1.7 with torque and have not seen any
problems so far.

Kind regards
Flo

Re: upgrading dependencies

Posted by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org>.
You are correct. 1.2 is the current version, and 1.3 is the proposed new
version.

    Thomas

Re: upgrading dependencies

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.