Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Gabriele Cressman-Hirl <GC...@kaptechwest.com> on 2003/02/06 19:26:49 UTC

Extension-element-prefixes

Hi,

I asked this question a while back, and did not see any responses.  Can
someone please point me in the right direction?

The problem:

	I'm using "redirect" to create a new xml instance document.
That works fine.  But I want to make the new document XML schema
compliant.  In order to do that I need to insert
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"  as a namespace
declaration into to root element.

	This is the simplified code snippet:

		<redirect:write
select="concat($outputDirectory,'/',/product/domainProductName,'_Difficu
ltyDefinition.xml')">
			<difficultyDefinition>
				<xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
				<xsl:apply-templates />
			</difficultyDefinition>
		</redirect:write>

	I thought I should be able to use
xsl:extension-element-prefixes="xsi" at the element

		<difficultyDefinition
xsl:extension-element-prefixes="xsi">

	having xsi defined as the namespace at the beginning of the
xslt.

	But that has no effect, as well as <difficultyDefinition
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"  >

	Does "xsl:extension-element-prefixes" not work with "redirect"?

	What am I missing?  Thanks for your help

		Gabi