Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2008/01/12 20:55:49 UTC

Site documentation migrated

I've updated the site for Robert's transition of resources into their
new homes on archive.apache.org (and note that we can re-transition
the now-current release once the download space www.a.o/dist/stdcxx
exists, there seems no reason to focus on www.a.o/dist/incubator at
all at this point).

I've also updated the site for the new subversion location.  Any links
by-revision don't need (should not have) updates since by-revision,
they persist in the incubator/ tree.

Finally I pointed out the ultimate location of the RM's future uploads
for releases.  (There is automagic to move these from www.a.o/dist over
to archive.a.o/dist for future releases.)

Please review the changes;

and update the site when satisfied that all is well once again.

Bill

Re: Site documentation migrated

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Martin Sebor wrote:

> E.g., we don't want to change links like this:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/src/time_put.cpp?rev=368527&view=log
>
> even though the file log is now at:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/stdcxx/trunk/src/time_put.cpp
>
> and changing it (removing incubator/ from the first one) isn't
> supposed to work:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/stdcxx/trunk/src/time_put.cpp?view=log&pathrev=368527

Exactly; at that point in time (368527) it didn't live at /stdcxx/
but over at /incubator/stdcxx/.  Good thing to note for anyone who's
trying to review history ;-)

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> I've updated the site for Robert's transition of resources into their
> new homes on archive.apache.org (and note that we can re-transition
> the now-current release once the download space www.a.o/dist/stdcxx
> exists, there seems no reason to focus on www.a.o/dist/incubator at
> all at this point).
>
> I've also updated the site for the new subversion location.  Any links
> by-revision don't need (should not have) updates since by-revision,
> they persist in the incubator/ tree.
>
> Finally I pointed out the ultimate location of the RM's future uploads
> for releases.  (There is automagic to move these from www.a.o/dist over
> to archive.a.o/dist for future releases.)
>
> Please review the changes;

> and update the site when satisfied that all is well once again.

Thanks! I'm reviewing the changes (the site hasn't refreshed yet)
and so far things look good. I noticed that you left references
to viewcvs.cgi links pointing to incubator intact and that they
still work. I assume it's by design and they they will continue
to work in the future.

E.g., we don't want to change links like this:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/stdcxx/trunk/src/time_put.cpp?rev=368527&view=log

even though the file log is now at:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/stdcxx/trunk/src/time_put.cpp

and changing it (removing incubator/ from the first one) isn't
supposed to work:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/stdcxx/trunk/src/time_put.cpp?view=log&pathrev=368527

Martin