Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2004/03/01 18:32:59 UTC

Re: Indexing multiple instances of the same field for each document

Erik Hatcher wrote:
> On Feb 27, 2004, at 6:17 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:
>
>> I think it's document.add().  Fields are pushed onto the front, rather
>> than added to the end.
>

> Ah, ok.... DocumentFieldList/DocumentFieldEnumeration are the culprits.
>
> This is certainly a bug.

Yes, a bug that's been there since the genesis of Lucene, six years ago.
  It is surprising that something like this could go so long unnoticed.

I just fixed this in CVS.

Doug

RE: Indexing multiple instances of the same field for each document

Posted by Roy Klein <kl...@sitescape.com>.
Thanks Doug!

I was in the midst of testing my fix to it and noticed your checkin...

    Roy