Posted to user@struts.apache.org by developer researcher <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/30 18:12:21 UTC

Struts2 + Dojo 1.5

     Hello,

     Has anyone worked with Dojo to create the UI? I do not refer to plugin
for dojo. I mean to use dojo as javascript library to create the structure
of the pages and form elements.

     I've been testing and I've run into several problems. I do not know if
is a problem of struts2 or dojo. Are these frameworks complementary?

Thanks in advance,

Re: Struts2 + Dojo 1.5

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
I haven't really found that to be the case with JavaScript/Ajax frameworks:
they're back-end neutral, by design.

In any case, as I and a few others have said, just start using it: if you
end up having a Struts-specific question feel free to ask. Otherwise I can't
think of anything off the top of my head that would be different about using
Dojo with S2.

Dave

Re: Struts2 + Dojo 1.5

Posted by developer researcher <ja...@gmail.com>.
     Hello,

Re: Struts2 + Dojo 1.5

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Struts2 + Dojo 1.5

Posted by developer researcher <ja...@gmail.com>.
     Hello Stephen,

     After several tests and corrections now I can run the basics for a
project with Struts 2 and dojo. Part of the problem was due to the way I was
using dojo, in that sense I will share what I have discovered, perhaps they
can util to others and also having a feedback from those who are already
using this combination for longer.

1. Apparently the result of an action (jsp) must refer to the dojo library
as if it would be in the same physical location that the input of the
action.

2. When using dojo to create the structure of a page with multiple pages (a
page is a container for others) all references to dojo should be included in
the containing page. This is only a way of working, as I read there are
other alternatives.

Re: Struts2 + Dojo 1.5

Posted by Stephen Ince <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Struts2 + Dojo 1.5