Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Aitor Iturriondobeitia <la...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/03 16:34:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Help Gor básico ( :-) ) rewrite

Hello, I'm new to this topic and I'm finding it difficult. Let's see if you
can help me please.
I am trying to remove the contextroot from my application.
For example, I have the following URL that calls me:
www.domain.com/REDF00K/form.xhtml
and I want to eliminate, in the rewrite, the REDF00K leaving
www.domain.com/form.xhtml
in such a way that if they call me to www.domain.com/REDF00K/form.xhtml it
would resolve internally to www.domain.com/form.xhtml
for this I am using

RewriteEngine On
LogLevel debug rewrite:trace3
RewriteRule ^/REDF00K/$ /$1 [R=301,NC,L]

but it's not working for me
Can you help me?

Thank you very much

Re: [users@httpd] Help Gor básico ( :-) ) rewrite

Posted by Frank Gingras <th...@apache.org>.
You do not need a RewriteCond here, the RewriteRule directive is perfectly
capable of capturing the request uri path.

If you don't want the URL to change, then perhaps you should use AliasMatch
instead of mod_rewrite. If you want to change the URL, use RedirectMatch
instead.

Using mod_rewrite should be the last resort, and if chosen, using the
rewrite log to debug would help.

Posted by Jim Albert <ji...@netrition.com>.