Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Chris J. Orr" <CJ...@BCLC.com> on 2010/07/22 20:10:31 UTC

wsdl for code-first, frontend-jaxws jms-transport service - how best to find/generate?

I've implemented a spring configured, jms transport, frontend-jaxws,
service.

Unlike the HTTP transport service I can't find any generated WSDL for
this.

Using the java2ws tool (on the SEI) I can create a wsdl that specifies
http transport (I didn't see anyway to change that using the tools input
args) by default.

How can I create the WSDL that accurately reflects the JMS transport of
my service?

Is this best way to create the correct wsdl:  use what the java2ws tool
produces and modify it to suit my jms transport?

Or is there a better way?  Help with this is much appreciated!

Thanks very much,

Chris

This email is intended only for the addressee. It may contain confidential or proprietary information that cannot be disclosed without BCLC's permission. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the email.

Re: wsdl for code-first, frontend-jaxws jms-transport service - how best to find/generate?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday 22 July 2010 2:10:31 pm Chris J. Orr wrote:
> I've implemented a spring configured, jms transport, frontend-jaxws,
> service.
>
> Unlike the HTTP transport service I can't find any generated WSDL for
> this.
>
> Using the java2ws tool (on the SEI) I can create a wsdl that specifies
> http transport (I didn't see anyway to change that using the tools input
> args) by default.
>

> How can I create the WSDL that accurately reflects the JMS transport of
> my service?
>
> Is this best way to create the correct wsdl:  use what the java2ws tool
> produces and modify it to suit my jms transport?

I think that is probably the best way.   Use java2ws to generate a wsdl,
probably one without a Service/Port for http, and then have another wsdl
fragment that imports that fragment or use an xslt or similar to inject the
service in.

> Or is there a better way?  Help with this is much appreciated!

One thing I keep thinking may make sense is to move the ?wsdl stuff out of the
servlet stuff and into actual interceptors that would be on the chain.   In
that way, any transport that would support a "GET" style request could be used
for it.    On trunk, the JMS transport was updated to allow "GET"'s so it can
be used for JAX-RS.    Would require a little work to accomplish, but would
definitely have some value in it.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp