Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Sudarshan Kadambi (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN)" <sk...@bloomberg.net> on 2013/11/13 19:02:40 UTC

HBase with multiple interfaces

Hi Guys:

I've HBase running on a machine with multiple interfaces (for in-bound and inter-cluster traffic). I can't get HBase to listen on the interface I want it to by setting hbase.regionserver.dns.interface. Does this setting work? What is its purpose?

After reading an old thread on the user list, I wasn't sure:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.hadoop.hbase.user/10150

That thread led me to this unresolved JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2502

-sudarshan

Re: HBase with multiple interfaces

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hum. 2502 is a pretty old JIRA. And is not even fixed.
I have been able to find this property in the default conf file but not in
the code yet. It  seems to be a left-over... I don't think this will have
any effect. And I don't know how to achieve that, sorry.

JM

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Asaf, which HBase version are you using? Also, hae you tried without those
properties?

Posted by Asaf Mesika <as...@gmail.com>.