Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2011/01/07 23:11:22 UTC

releasing parent-pom version 2?

I would like to release parent-pom version 2, so other releases can incorporate
those fixes.

The changes are:

Bug 	UIMA-1946 <https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/UIMA-1946> 	Closed
parent-pom has wrong dependency on SNAPSHOT version of uima-build-resources
Bug 	UIMA-1958 <https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/UIMA-1958> 	Closed
Cas Editor plugin package only contains icons which are at the top-level of the
icons folder
Improvement 	UIMA-1957 <https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/UIMA-1957>
Closed 	fix intermittent failure to gen Javadocs due to wrong link for java apis
Improvement 	UIMA-1959 <https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/UIMA-1959>
Closed 	improve eclipse feature projects to have them build ok in Eclipse
without errors
Improvement 	UIMA-1962 <https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/UIMA-1962>
Closed 	change jira changes report to include issues in "Resolved" "Fixed" state
Improvement 	UIMA-1972 <https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/UIMA-1972>
Closed 	move some build steps under apache-release profile
Improvement 	UIMA-1991 <https://issues.apache.org:443/jira/browse/UIMA-1991>
Closed 	change to use now released version 2.3.1 of pear packager maven plugin

Right now, these changes are often duplicated in individual project parent poms;
releasing would allow those parents to depend on the new version and remove the
duplicated fixes.

Any objections?

-Marshall

Re: releasing parent-pom version 2?

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
No objections, that'd be good to have parent-pom version 2 released to get
rid of duplicated lines of POM.
Cheers,
Tommaso