Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Michael J. Freeman" <mf...@harvard.net> on 2000/10/31 03:50:19 UTC

mod_perl problems..

I am trying to get a CGI to run under mod_perl and am getting weird
errors. This CGI trys to use the GD module to create dynamic png's on
demand (14all.cgi for RRDtool/MRTG-2) and everytime I run it under
mod_perl I get errors like this:

[Mon Oct 30 13:05:08 2000] [notice] child pid 336 exit signal Segmentation
Fault
 (11)
libpng error: Application must be recompiled; version 1.0.6 was
incompatible

When I run it normally with Apache, I get no errors.

Can anyone please advise me what to do?

thanks,
mikef

Re: mod_perl problems..

Posted by "G.W. Haywood" <ge...@www.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Michael J. Freeman wrote:

> Can anyone please advise me what to do?

I think it would help if you gave us more information.

Read mod_perl-1.xx/SUPPORT

73,
Ged.

Re: mod_perl problems..

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Michael J. Freeman wrote:

> I am trying to get a CGI to run under mod_perl and am getting weird
> errors. This CGI trys to use the GD module to create dynamic png's on
> demand (14all.cgi for RRDtool/MRTG-2) and everytime I run it under
> mod_perl I get errors like this:
>
> [Mon Oct 30 13:05:08 2000] [notice] child pid 336 exit signal Segmentation
> Fault
>  (11)
> libpng error: Application must be recompiled; version 1.0.6 was
> incompatible
>
> When I run it normally with Apache, I get no errors.

Part of the further information that would be helpful is if
the cgi script run under normal Apache (where it works) is
using the same perl binary as that with which mod_perl was
built with.

best regards,
randy kobes