Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> on 2009/02/17 19:14:57 UTC

felix.service.urlhandlers disabled?

Is there a reason for felix.service.urlhandlers=false in sling.properties?

I had another case with this earlier, and I was under the impression
that urlhandlers were to be enabled by default in the next release
[1].

[1] http://markmail.org/message/qwfetelev7qjrzge
--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Akersgata 16, N-0158 Oslo, Norway

Re: felix.service.urlhandlers disabled?

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@trialox.org>.
Felix Meschberger said the following on 03/04/2009 07:39 AM:
> Hi Reto,
>
> Reto Bachmann-Gmür schrieb:
>
>> Is a version including this change available from a maven repository?
>>

> Unfortunately not yet. Because of synchronization issues (there are
> reproducible deadlocks) in the current Felix framework releases, we are
> waiting for the next release of the Felix framework before we release
> our launchpad.
>
> But if you can live with a SNAPSHOT, I can deploy one.

Than would be great (we're already using the snapshot version).

Cheers,
reto

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Reto,

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@trialox.org>.

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As of Rev. 745521 I have enabled the URLHandlers by default again. See
> also SLING-862 [1]

Great, thanks

Re: Sling Parent POM

Posted by Jim White <ji...@pagesmiths.com>.
Works for me.

 > mvn --version
Maven version: 2.0.9
Java version: 1.5.0_16
OS name: "mac os x" version: "10.5.6" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"

Jim

Re: Sling Parent POM

Posted by John Langley <Jo...@mathworks.com>.

Re: Sling Parent POM

Posted by Juan José Vázquez Delgado <ju...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sling Parent POM

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
As of Rev. 7471333, the Apache SNAPSHOT repository is now declared in
the parent pom. My test builds seem to work. It would be great if others
could also test (and review the pom), so that we can then release the
parent pom.

Thanks and Regards
Felix

Re: Sling Parent POM

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> John Langley schrieb:
>> Any chance that the sling project will being using the apache snapshot
>> repository?
>
> Currently the README.txt in the trunk root instructs to add the Apache
> Snapshot repository to the local settings.xml. I agree with John, that
> we should add this declaration to the parent pom (we already have it
> configured for plugins)
>
> Along with this addition, we should remove the configuration of the
> incubator Maven 2 repository, since incubator projects are now allowed
> to deploy to central.
>
> Finally, we should probably cut a release of this parent POM and deploy
> it to central to make building Sling much easier -- and also releasing
> Sling itself afterwards.

Big +1 to all of this.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Sling Parent POM (was: felix.service.urlhandlers disabled?)

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

John Langley schrieb:
> Any chance that the sling project will being using the apache snapshot
> repository?

Currently the README.txt in the trunk root instructs to add the Apache
Snapshot repository to the local settings.xml. I agree with John, that
we should add this declaration to the parent pom (we already have it
configured for plugins)

Along with this addition, we should remove the configuration of the
incubator Maven 2 repository, since incubator projects are now allowed
to deploy to central.

Finally, we should probably cut a release of this parent POM and deploy
it to central to make building Sling much easier -- and also releasing
Sling itself afterwards.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix

Posted by John Langley <Jo...@mathworks.com>.
Thanks Felix, this did indeed fix my problem which was related to
combining sling launchpad capabilities within a webapp that also uses
spring to provide webapp functionality (web mvc and security) I'm in the
process of exploring ways to integrate spring, sling and possibly
spring-dm that fits the needs of the development group I'm working
with.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

Posted by John Langley <Jo...@mathworks.com>.