Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jos Chrispijn <ap...@webrz.net> on 2009/09/13 00:13:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Digest auth

[Apache apache-1.3.41_1]

Just checked my apache's httpd.conf and saw that in my configuration
file says

LoadModule digest_module      libexec/apache/mod_digest.so

I read somewhere that "mod_digest is a rather old module, which would be
an older version of the digest authentication specification. Probably
not work with newer browsers."

Would I need to implement the module mod_auth_digest instead and how
should I do that thru php5-extensions (gives me the mod_digest module)?

Jos Chrispijn

Re: [users@httpd] Digest auth

Posted by MarkAtHarvest <ma...@harvestinfotech.com>.
I have been using mod_auth_digest.so.. and it works great..
here is how the working conf looks..

 <Directory "/var/www/mysite">
        Options Indexes FollowSymlinks ExecCGI
        AuthType Digest
        AuthName "private"
        AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/passwd/digest
        Require valid-user
//other settings
    </Directory>

Also do not forget to create the passwd file.. for your digest..

hope this helps