Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Danilo Tommasina <dt...@risksys.com> on 2004/12/16 11:59:30 UTC

Re: OJB.properties [Include in FAQ]

Hi again,

since this question is beeing asked very often, I guess it should be inclued in the FAQ...

Something like:
OJB cannot load configuration files: OJB.properties, repository.xml, ...

For web applications: put all OJB configuration files into WEB-INF/classes
For other applications: put the config files into your classpath root

More details can be found at <a href="http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/deployment.html">Deployment Guide</a>

bye
danilo

> Hello world,
>
> Maybe this topic has already been discussed and i apologize if it's the
> case. But as previously said, it's still impossible to search through
> the archiver sites of this mailing list...
>
> The thing is i want to deploy OJB inside my webapp war file.
> And of course, when it starts (call to OJB.getInstance()), the
> configurations files are searched by default in the directory of the
> process who launched everything (i.e Jboss) :
>
> 10:49:57,890 INFO  [STDOUT] Could not load properties file
> 'OJB.properties'. Using default settings!
> 10:49:57,890 INFO  [STDOUT] XXX\jboss-3.2.2\bin\OJB.properties
>
> For deployement convenience, i would like to embbed all OJB
> configuartion files needed for OJB in my web/WEB_INF.
> The aim is to avoid to pollute all JBoss tree directory.
> It also should prevzent from forgeting in conf file when i app
> will be supplied.
> know what i mean?
>
> Sure sombedy already face this question,
>
> Thx,
>

>  ___[ Pub ]____________________________________________________________
> Envie de discuter gratuitement avec vos amis ?
> Téléchargez Yahoo! Messenger http://yahoo.ifrance.com

Danilo Tommasina, Dipl. Ing. FH Telecom
Software Engineer
RCS Riskmanagement Concepts Systems AG