Posted to user@spark.apache.org by KhajaAsmath Mohammed <md...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/14 14:31:35 UTC

Sqoop on Spark

Hi Experts,

Good morning.

I am looking for some references on how to use sqoop with spark. could you
please let me know if there are any references on how to use it.

Thanks,
Asmath.

Re: Sqoop on Spark

Posted by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com>.
Sqoop is a standalone product (a utility) that is used to get data out of
JDBC compliant database tables into HDFS and Hive if specified.
Spark can also use JDBC to get data out from such tables. However, I have
not come across a situation where Sqoop is invoked from Spark.

Have a look at Sqoop doc
<https://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.0-incubating/SqoopUserGuide.html>

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh