Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Nick Rapagnani <nr...@pscinfogroup.com> on 2004/08/16 20:08:01 UTC

JSTL 1.0 and the function library

Because of the difficulty I had integrating Tomcat 5.X with IIS 6, I had to use Tomcat 4.X instead.  This means no JSP 2.0 and no JSTL 1.1.

I had been using the function library for some things, namely trim, replace, indexOf, and substring.  I am looking for a replacement library.  The string library from Jakarta can do everything except indexOf.  Does anyone know of a good function library that I can use?

Re: JSTL 1.0 and the function library

Posted by Makoto Nagata <mn...@micronova.com>.
Hi Nick,

You might find MicroNova YUZU
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/micronova-yuzu) useful.  It doesn't
have "indexOf" either, though, so you may have to use regular-expression
functions ("codecs") such as "String:match" or "String:split" instead.
Hope this helps.

Best Regards,  Makoto Nagata

Posted by Þorgils Völundarson <th...@krabb.is>.
Hi,