Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/20 13:42:48 UTC

[VOTE] Merge the ChangingIPDHack Branch Back to Trunk

Hi All,

Having had no feedback from the users list, I’m happy to announce that
the ChangingIPDHack branch is now totally bug-free :-)

Following the discussion on general@ [1], the best way to handle this
probably is to merge the changes back into the Trunk, even if they are
hacky. Maintaining a separate branch may turn out to be more
time-consuming than reverting the merge once work on a new layout engine
starts.

So I’d like to launch a vote for merging the following branch:
https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_ChangingIPDHack
into Trunk.

+1 from me.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/ypn2p6c27gjx3vzi

Thanks,
Vincent

Re: [VOTE] Merge the ChangingIPDHack Branch Back to Trunk

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 20.08.2009 13:42:48 Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Having had no feedback from the users list, I’m happy to announce that
> the ChangingIPDHack branch is now totally bug-free :-)

You ready to bet money on that? ;-)

> Following the discussion on general@ [1], the best way to handle this
> probably is to merge the changes back into the Trunk, even if they are
> hacky. Maintaining a separate branch may turn out to be more
> time-consuming than reverting the merge once work on a new layout engine
> starts.
>
> So I’d like to launch a vote for merging the following branch:
> https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_ChangingIPDHack
> into Trunk.
>
> +1 from me.

Agreed with the argumentation. +1 from me. The changes seem well backed
by tests and they appear to break no existing tests. This is useful
functionality for some people. Better have as few parallel branches as
possible. Reminds me to do something about the Tagged PDF branch when I
have a chance.

> [1] http://markmail.org/message/ypn2p6c27gjx3vzi
>

> Thanks,
> Vincent

Jeremias Maerki

Re: [VOTE] Merge the ChangingIPDHack Branch Back to Trunk

Posted by Adrian Cumiskey <de...@cumiskey.com>.
Sorry Vincent but I have no time to test your work at the moment.  Hacks
are rarely satisifying, but it seems that you have made the best of a
constraining situation, +1 from me.

Adrian.

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> Hi All,

Thanks for starting the vote Vincent.

> Having had no feedback from the users list, I’m happy to announce that
> the ChangingIPDHack branch is now totally bug-free :-)
>
> Following the discussion on general@ [1], the best way to handle this
> probably is to merge the changes back into the Trunk, even if they are
> hacky. Maintaining a separate branch may turn out to be more
> time-consuming than reverting the merge once work on a new layout engine
> starts.

Yes I agree with that :)

> So I’d like to launch a vote for merging the following branch:
> https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_ChangingIPDHack
> into Trunk.
>
> +1 from me.

I've run a few real life test documents against the branch and found no
problems. So +1 from me.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 20 Aug 2009, at 13:42, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
> <snip />
> So I’d like to launch a vote for merging the following branch:
> https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_ChangingIPDHack
> into Trunk.

Like Adrian, I haven't been able to allocate the time to run tests of
my own, but IMO, the changes have been up for review long enough now.
So +1 from my end.

Regards

Regards,

Andreas Delmelle
mailto:andreas.delmelle.AT.telenet.be
jabber: mandreas@jabber.org
skype: adlm0608

---

Re: [VOTE] Merge the ChangingIPDHack Branch Back to Trunk

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
Another 'No time to test it!' +1 from me...

Clay

On 8/20/09, Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Having had no feedback from the users list, I’m happy to announce that
> the ChangingIPDHack branch is now totally bug-free :-)
>
> Following the discussion on general@ [1], the best way to handle this
> probably is to merge the changes back into the Trunk, even if they are
> hacky. Maintaining a separate branch may turn out to be more
> time-consuming than reverting the merge once work on a new layout engine
> starts.
>
> So I’d like to launch a vote for merging the following branch:
> https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_ChangingIPDHack
> into Trunk.
>
> +1 from me.
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/ypn2p6c27gjx3vzi
>

> Thanks,
> Vincent

The Web Maestro
--
<th...@gmail.com> - <http://ourlil.com/>
- HH The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

Re: [VOTE][RESULTS] Merge the ChangingIPDHack Branch Back to Trunk

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
Time for the results: 7 +1, no negative vote. The vote passes.

I’ll proceed with the merge in the next days.

Thanks,
Vincent