Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Corey Woodcox <di...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/03 04:25:36 UTC

[users@httpd] HELP! PLEASE!

I NEED HELP WITH FLASH!  I can't get it to work!  Please help me as
soon as possible!

I cannot seem to cure the problem that I'm having.  Apache will not
serve the Flash to my browser.  I've tried bypassing the PHP, using a
different browser, and updating my Flash plug-in.  It doesn't work
when I use the local service running on my P4 2.8GHz, 512 MB RAM, Win
XP Home laptop, but it works if I upload it to my production server.
Please tell me if there is a cure, or even if someone else is having
the same issue!  I'm running out of options!

Thanks in advance,

--
The Disguised Jedi - Corey Woodcox
disguised.jedi@gmail.com

PHP rocks!

Re: [users@httpd] HELP! PLEASE!

Posted by Paul <Pa...@gubavision.com>.
so does any flash load.

Re: [users@httpd] HELP! PLEASE!

Posted by Corey Woodcox <di...@gmail.com>.
Oops...have to resend

I see a lot of these...

[warn] pid file C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/logs/httpd.pid
overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?

and a few file doesn't exist errors, but none are about the file that
isn't coming in.  The Flash comes up, but it just stays on the
loaded".

Re: [users@httpd] HELP! PLEASE!

Posted by Laura Vance <va...@winfreeacademy.com>.
Oops, I was tired and I didn't proofread the message.  this is the
corrected version.

Laura Vance wrote:

> If that's the process, then you are able to load the app.  Look in
> your app to find out how it's trying to access your laptop.  Doesn't
> XP have a basic firewall or some sort of protection?
>
> As everyone else has said, this is very likely not a problem with
> apache, but with something else.  I would guess your laptop
> configuration.  Even you have said that your two apache configurations
> are not different, so start looking at the OS differences.
>
> Also, if this is so urgent, why not just set up a test area on your
> server so that you can run the software on the server before you move
> it to the live system?
>
> Corey Woodcox wrote:
>
>> Yes, this is the process as far as I know.  However, accessing my
>> laptop from a remote computer (with a different IP) doesn't work
>> either.  I am puzzled as to why this won't work, as it just doesn't
>> make sense.

Laura Vance
Systems Engineer
Winfree Academy Charter Schools
6221 Riverside Dr. Suite 110
Irving, Tx  75039
Web: www.winfreeacademy.com

Re: [users@httpd] HELP! PLEASE!

Posted by Laura Vance <va...@winfreeacademy.com>.
If that's the process, then you are able to load the app.  Look in your
app to find out how it's trying to access your laptop.  Doesn't XP have
a basic firewall or some sort of protection?

As everyone else has said, this is very likely not a problem with
apache, but with your something else.  I would guess your laptop
configuration.  Even you have said that your two apache configurations
are different, so start looking at the OS differences.

Re: [users@httpd] HELP! PLEASE!

Posted by Corey Woodcox <di...@gmail.com>.
Yes, this is the process as far as I know.  However, accessing my
laptop from a remote computer (with a different IP) doesn't work
either.  I am puzzled as to why this won't work, as it just doesn't
make sense.

--
The Disguised Jedi - Corey Woodcox
disguised.jedi@gmail.com