Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2012/12/02 00:16:40 UTC

Initial import of the maven-flex-plugin skeleton

Hi guys,

I just checked in the initial import of the maven-flex-plugin (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/flex/utilities/trunk/maven-flex-plugin/).

Currently this is nothing else than a skeleton, even though the lifecyle seems to be allready functional (I get the expected log messages when performing maven builds using my custom lifecycle mappings).

All Mojos are currently implemented to output a simple message (If maven is executed to output debug information by providing the "-X" parameter).

In the first phase of creating the plugin I am concentrating on creating dummy implementations of all of the major parts of the plugin and trying to get the lifecyle working (That the correct mojos are called at the right time providing the right infomation).

As soon as that's done, I can start implementing the real logic.

Chris

AW: Initial import of the maven-flex-plugin skeleton

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Jose,

I think the way I setup the plugin structure, should make it easy for different people to contribute at the different parts of the plugin. The first difficult part will certainly be the compiler mojos (falcon / legacy (mxmlc+compc) / Asdoc).

After setting up the general structure, I will be working on creating an AbstractCompilerMojo and Falcon compiler mojo. As soon as that's finished I hope the MXMLC, COMPC and AsDoc mojos should be easy.

Hopefully someone with real experience with Falcon will be willing to assist me at least with information on how to confuigure Falcon best (I would prefer a pure In-Java version without going the way of generating a commandline and using that in the compiler).

The Generator mojos will probably be the easiest of the additional mojos. Followed by the optimizers.

The test framework will involve the most difficult part will be the test-runner. Here a client-side (Flex) library has to to be created as well as a code generator for generating the test runner and a Java-side component to handle communication with the test-runner ... but I think we'll deal with that as soon as Compiler and Generator are finished.

After the test framework being implemented we should start with the packaging of war and air modules (Web Applications, Native Air Application).

In Parallel setting up the testsuite to automatically run a maven testsuite will be something we will need pretty soon. After that creating testcases (and documenting them) as well as creating the plugin documentation should complete the list of tasks needed.

Chris

Great news, I'm very interested in contribute on it with you :)

Best,

--
Jose Barragan
Software Architect Chief

Re: Initial import of the maven-flex-plugin skeleton

Posted by Jose Barragan Andrade <pe...@me.com>.
Hi Chris,