Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Thomas Haas <th...@softwired-inc.com> on 2000/04/03 11:02:43 UTC

Re: 1 suggestion and 1 bug report for ant

James Duncan Davidson wrote:

> > I am about to solve the same problem for JavaCC, which also translates
> grammer
> > files into java files. Would be nice, if we could build a reusable
> solution,
> > maybe based on the work done in Javac.java.
>
> I dunno if there is a good reusable solution. Each type of task will
> determine whether or not it needs to do expensive actions differently.

Probably not for every task. I could reuse what JavaC does, if it was done
in a reusable way: Given a list of *.X files remove all files where a
corresponding *.Y file is newer.
I have other tasks in the pipeline using this feature.

- tom

--
* Thomas Haas                    <ma...@softwired-inc.com>
* SoftWired AG                   <http://www.softwired-inc.com/>