Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Roy-Magne Mo <rm...@sunnmore.net> on 2001/09/05 23:39:46 UTC

New translation of frontpage (norwegian nynorsk)

Hi,

Do anyone care to check this new translation into CVS. This a
translation to the other of the two norwegian languages.

Filename is index.html.nn

The file could be found at:
http://www.sunnmore.net/nynorsk/index.html.nn

--
carpe noctem

Re: New translation of frontpage (norwegian nynorsk)

Posted by Ragnar Wisløff <ra...@wisloff.no>.
torsdag  6. september 2001 03:39 skrev Joshua Slive:

> Thanks for the contribution!
>
> Unfortunately, we have had embarassing experiences in the past with very
> bad translations getting into the server.  We therefore have a policy that
> we won't commit a new translation unless we have a second native speaker
> who can participate in the mailing list and review the material.
>
> If you can have another native norwegian nynorsk speaker review your
> translation and send an email to this mailing list, we can probably accept
> that (subject to the agreement of other participants).

It looks good, Joshua. I'm a native Norwegian speaker and did the translation
of the same page into Norwegian bokmål; this translation is close and would
surely be appreciated by the Norwegian nynorsk speakers.

--
Mvh
Ragnar Wisløff

Re: New translation of frontpage (norwegian nynorsk)

Posted by Tor Hildrum <to...@mac.com>.
Seems OK to me. I don't speak nynorsk natively though.

rgrds

Tor

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

I got a couple people saying your translation looks good, and no objections,
so I'll commit it.  But I need to know a couple things first: Can you
confirm that the correct language tag for this is "nn" (so AddLanguage nn
.nn works) and can you tell me what the character-set should be.

Thanks.

Joshua.