Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Pa...@rta.nsw.gov.au on 2000/07/12 10:55:31 UTC

out of sequence specifiers

When running FOP I get the following error :-

"FATAL ERROR: out of sequence specifiers (FOP will eventually allow this)"

Any idea what this is,  and how to avoid it ??

Thanks very much in advance.

                    Paul

Re: out of sequence specifiers

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
Hi, Paul

Can you fire over your FO file? Also, what version of FOP are you running?

There isn't exactly the concept of a "sequence specifier" anymore. In the
latest CVS, FOP supports the March 27 spec for pagination, and you would
link page-sequences to either simple-page-master's or page-sequence-master's
using the "master-name" property. It _is_ still possible to run out of page
masters, and the spec allows the implementation to use the last available
page master. I have elected not to do so, but if there is a groundswell of
popular support for this behaviour we can put it in.

Arved Sandstrom

At 06:55 PM 7/12/00 +1000, Paul_Martin@rta.nsw.gov.au wrote:
>When running FOP I get the following error :-
>
>"FATAL ERROR: out of sequence specifiers (FOP will eventually allow this)"
>
>Any idea what this is,  and how to avoid it ??
>
>Thanks very much in advance.
>
>                    Paul

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"