Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Xiao-Ye Wu <xy...@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on 2004/02/23 16:15:52 UTC

pass remote call method parameters

Hi ya,
   when passing parameters for method call, do the parameters have to be in
the right order that is defined on the services side? e.g. there is a web
service method "helloWorld(String forename, String surname)", can i pass the
parameters in the order of 'surname' then 'forename' or does it have to
be 'forename' and then 'surname'? if it doesn't need to be in the right
order, how can i do that?

Thanks for any help.

xiaoye wu

Re: pass remote call method parameters

Posted by Nelson Minar <ne...@monkey.org>.
>when passing parameters for method call, do the parameters have to be in
>the right order that is defined on the services side?

For all practical purposes, in SOAP the parameters have to be in the
same order as the service expects. I believe that in theory the SOAP
spec allows for out-of-order parameters, but WS-I BP1.0a mandates that
order is significant. And in practice, most SOAP toolkits do not
handle out-of-order parameters very well.

PS - I've noticed that axis-user has about 95% questions and 5%
answers. That's too bad! I'm going to try answering questions I know
the answers to, maybe others can as well? I bet there's a market for
Axis consultants out there :-)