Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2015/01/09 16:40:44 UTC

Using the Apache Code Signing Service for Eclipse Plugins

Hi,

When users install our Eclipse Plugins, they get a warning message about
installing unsigned jars.  This can now be fixed, I think, because Apache has a
new jar signing service.

https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/code_signing_service_now_available

Per that post, I'll initiate the process by creating an Infra Jira, to get
started, and to get more information.

-Marshall

Re: Using the Apache Code Signing Service for Eclipse Plugins

Posted by Peter Klügl <pk...@uni-wuerzburg.de>.
+1 :-)

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Also, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9024 requesting "API" access -
to allow using an Ant task to do signing.

These issues (9002 and 9024) are now both "resolved".

To actually use this service, you'll need to get signed up, which I can
apparently do, and then also get the credentials (which you need to guard like
your Apache code signing keys).

For signing Eclipse plugins, this will likely take some careful work, maybe
involving breaking apart the multiple steps the eclipse "packing" algorithm is
doing.  I haven't climbed that learning curve yet...

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.