Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Marina <pp...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/27 22:28:41 UTC

How to create a new profiling rule for J2M1?

Hi,

  I'm trying to create custom profiling rules and have
a few questions:
As I understand, in order to create a new profiling
rule for a new user, I have to insert corresponding
values into the PRINCIPAL_RULE_ASSOC and
RULE_CRITERION tables. Upon request to the portal, a
rule will be selected based on the user's name and
locator name ('docset' or 'page', I guess) and a set
of search paths will be returned and used to find all
elements that will be included on the portal's page.

For example, if I have a new user, 'dce_admin', and I
want to create a new rule, 'dce_rule', I would do the
following:

insert into PRINCIPAL_RULE_ASSOC values ('dce_admin',
page, 'dce_rule');
insert into PRINCIPAL_RULE_ASSOC values ('dce_admin',
docset, 'dce_rule');

and then I have to create a set of criteria for the
'dce_rule' rule in the RULE_CRITERION table.
By looking at the example values in the rule_creterion
table I am not sure, though, what they all mean and
how they are assembled into the profiling rules.
For example, here are values for the 'role-group'
rule:
	<row>
		<CRITERION_ID>11</CRITERION_ID>
		<RULE_ID>role-group</RULE_ID>
		<FALLBACK_ORDER>0</FALLBACK_ORDER>
		<REQUEST_TYPE>role</REQUEST_TYPE>
		<NAME>role</NAME>
		<VALUE></VALUE>
		<FALLBACK_TYPE>2</FALLBACK_TYPE>
	</row>
	<row>
		<CRITERION_ID>12</CRITERION_ID>
		<RULE_ID>role-group</RULE_ID>
		<FALLBACK_ORDER>1</FALLBACK_ORDER>
		<REQUEST_TYPE>navigation</REQUEST_TYPE>
		<NAME>navigation</NAME>
		<VALUE>/</VALUE>
		<FALLBACK_TYPE>2</FALLBACK_TYPE>
	</row>
	<row>
		<CRITERION_ID>13</CRITERION_ID>
		<RULE_ID>role-group</RULE_ID>
		<FALLBACK_ORDER>2</FALLBACK_ORDER>
		<REQUEST_TYPE>group</REQUEST_TYPE>
		<NAME>group</NAME>
		<VALUE></VALUE>
		<FALLBACK_TYPE>2</FALLBACK_TYPE>
	</row>

What is the meaning of the fields 'request_type',
'name', 'value' and 'fallback_type' and how do they
correspond to the directory paths?

If, for example, I want to define the 'dce_rule' so
that it uses all pages/links/etc. from a
.../pages/dce_pages/ directory, what criteria should I
set in the rule_criterion table?

If you could point me to the source code I should
check it would be very helpful too!

Thanks a lot,
Marina