Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/02/05 13:27:36 UTC

RE: cvs commit: xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components /deli DeliImpl.java

Hi Mark,

first, welcome as a new committer! (I totally forgot that you are new...)

Ok, I see the concern: a custom component should not take Cocoon down.
But IMHO this is not possible to achieve. It requires to write components
in a different way as we can see from the "moved" exception handling in
the Deli component.

So, I prefer reinstalling the former version where the exceptions are not
catched but directly thrown. If Deli is misconfigured than someone has made
a mistake and has to change this.

The second version you send in is a little bit better in my eyes - but
as you catch exceptions at a latter stage the real cause is not visible
anymore. Ok, it's somewhere in the logs, but noone really looks through
the whole log.

But what do the other developers think?

Carsten