Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by "Matthew T. Adams" <ma...@xcalia.com> on 2005/12/29 22:55:57 UTC

Next question: using NetBeans + Mevenide to debug tck20 tests?

Is anyone using NetBeans with the Mevenide plugin to debug or launch+debug
tck20 tests?  I've tried in vain to get a breakpoint to hit when launching,
and the Mevenide docs aren't too illuminating on this topic.  I can launch
maven from the command line with my MAVEN_OPTS set to

MAVEN_OPTS=-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=y

I successfully connect to the listening process (maven) with NetBeans, but
then I never hit my breakpoints.  It's as though there either isn't debug
info in the class files being executed or the test is being launched in a
different JVM that doesn't receive the -Xdebug arguments (or something else
is happening).

Any suggestions or how-tos?

--matthew

Matthew T. Adams
Corporate Technical Advisor & Senior Consultant
Mobile:  +1 253 732 1051
Phone:  +1 206 331 3833
Fax:  +1 815 331 0952
matthew.adams@xcalia.com
P.O. Box 24163
Federal Way, WA  98093
www.xcalia.com

Xcalia makes implementing SOA easy with agile business intermediation
software that combines heterogeneous data with services to easily develop
and deploy transactional composite applications.  Enterprises can quickly
respond to changing business requirements and dramatically reduce the costs
of data access and service integration.