Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by "nithya.mb4790@gmail.com" <ni...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/06 11:25:50 UTC

Document for Viewing Kylin Cube in Tableau/Power BI

Hi,
I am new to Kylin and have few below queries.

1. Is it possible to connect directly to Kylin Cube in Tableau or Power BI?
- When I login to Tableau, I can only see hive source tables but not the
cube names.
2. How to use hierarchies/Measures of Kylin Cube in Tableau or Power BI? -
Will the hierarchies appear as a tree structure? Can we access measures
created in Kylin directly from Tableau or power BI?

Please share any documents on the above queries.
Regards,
Nithya

--
Sent from: http://apache-kylin.74782.x6.nabble.com/

Re: Document for Viewing Kylin Cube in Tableau/Power BI

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.
Very good question. Cube is a kind of semantic model, and easy to use
in data discovery.  Unfortunately, Kylin does not expose this model to
Tableau directly. You may have to develop your own TDS(Tableau
DataSource) file based on the Cube definition file. It will help you
show the hierarchy and measures in Tableau.

With Warm regards

Billy Liu

nithya.mb4790@gmail.com <ni...@gmail.com> 于2019年3月6日周三 下午10:44写道: