Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2000/11/21 15:10:57 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Tomcat 3.2 Beta 8 RPM available

At usual place :

http://rpmized.free.fr/

---

Since I didn't have more room at free.fr, the RPM (data) are
were moved to ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/home/gomez/

And ftp.falsehope.com is indexed by rpmfind.net ;-)

"La maîtrise des autres n'est que la force. La maîtrise de vous-même est le
véritable pouvoir"
-- Lao Tzu

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tomcat 3.2 Beta 8 RPM available

Posted by Benjamin Reed <ra...@befunk.com>.
GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> At usual place :
>
> http://rpmized.free.fr/
>
> ---
>
> Since I didn't have more room at free.fr, the RPM (data) are
> were moved to ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/home/gomez/
>
> And ftp.falsehope.com is indexed by rpmfind.net ;-)

I have some RPMs up for various java/xml/apache related things up at
http://www.opennms.org/~ben/ -- our project uses a large number of the Apache
projects (heh) so I've been packing them all up.  A couple of these are based
on yours, Henry, although I think the only thing I added to the tomcat RPM was
to symlink /var/tomcat/lib/*.jar to /usr/share/java as well, since other
packages I use depend on at least the servlet jar, and it's nice to have
everything in one place.

I've also tried to remove dependencies on knowing where the documentation
directory is, and just using the %doc macro, since it's more portable across
RPM-using platforms.

I'll go through my RPMs and figure out what's different, if you want to pool
resources...

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger@befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/